Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Monday, January 24, 2011

Star Wars Party Light Saber Invitations



Melissa at A Little Loveliness made some adorable Light Saber Invitations that I used as my inspiration to make the invitations for Jack's 5th Birthday.

To Make These Invitations, You Will Need:
toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls
12 x 12 glitter paper
8.5 x 11.5 vellum paper
aluminum foil tape (found at Home Depot)
electric tape in black
buttons
scrapbook embellishments
hot glue gun & sticks
scrapbook adhesive
Print your party invites on vellum paper within a 4" x 5" space.  You can print two per vellum sheet.
Trim to 4.5" x 6".  (Double check this measurement just to be sure.)
I started with toilet paper rolls, but decided the paper towel rolls were a little bit easier.
Put a strip of adhesive on each end of the blank side of the vellum.  Wrap around paper roll. 

Cut your 12" x 12" glitter paper in half (you will have 2 - 6" x 12" pieces.)  If using toilet paper rolls, go ahead and roll your glitter paper.  I used an left over gift wrapping roll to get the right size. If using a paper towel roll, I left about .5" between the invitation and where I added the glitter paper.  This allowed for a little bit longer light saber.  Use hot glue to secure the roll.
Next add a 6"strip of the aluminum duct tape to the bottom of the glitter paper tube. Its super shiny, but also wrinkles.  I cut a 6" inch strip, then took off the backing and added it to the saber.
To connect the glitter tube to the toilet paper roll, use the electric tape.
To finish it, I added another piece of electrical tape at the base of the toilet paper roll, and buttons made from actual buttons and scrapbooking embellishments.

May The Force Be With YOU!

Smiles!

Linking to:
Follow Me on Pinterest

19 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

These turned out great! What kid wouldn't be excited to get one of these?? Cool mom!!

Kaysi said...

Those are awesome!!! I wish that I would have thought of that for my sons' star wars party!

Unknown said...

oH' ThOSe HAVE to Be ThE cutest invItes ever! LOVE THEM, SO CREATIVE. jen

Christy said...

Every detail is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I've never watched Star Wars :insert gasp:, but I'm pretty sure I can't be happy unless someone throws me a Star Wars party now! :O)

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

Wow! Adorable! As a mom whose thrown a crazy-detailed Star Wars party for my own son, these have to be the cutest Star Wars invites I've ever seen!

Jill said...

Just brilliant!! If that's jsut the invitations - does the party have lots of crafty star wars stuff too?? Fabulous idea!!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/

Liz said...

This is great! I will definitely be printint and saving this!

AllieMakes! said...

Oh My! Those are STINKIN' adorable! Genius!
You should come link this up to my weekly Thursday through Sunday Making It With Allie Link Party! I think it would make a Fabulous addition!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Those are FANTASTIC!!!

Anonymous said...

These are super cute...thanks for sharing.

Jessica @ http://myworldmadebyhand.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

So cute! I have 3 boys, they would LOVE these! You should link up at DIY Thrifty Thursday at www.thrifty101.blogspot.com :)

Amanda Lee said...

This is such a cute idea -- love it!
~Amanda

Unknown said...

Visiting from a link in Tatertots and Jello. My son said "so, when ya gonna make me one!" His birthday isn't until May, so we may have to make one, just to see how it turns out. Good job.

angie said...

these are so great (saw them on TT&J) - my son's birthday is in March (named Jackson and turning 5 - what a coincidence!) and he loves star wars at the moment....i may be borrowing this idea!!

Ginger said...

How fun! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

Sarita said...

I bet the boys LOVED that! I started saving the cardboard paper towel holders to stuff my plastic bags in - looks like there's lots you can do with them! Stopping by from the weekend wrap-up!

Anonymous said...

Came over from A Girl And A Glue Gun to tell you how adorable these are! I bet the boys all had fun with just the invitations!

- Angela Marie @ http://sunkissedivory.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

How would one go about getting that font for the invitations?

Unknown said...

Could you publish the invitations print? So we could just change the text and use the exact art ro print in vellum paper.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails